Communication Policies for Industry
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PUBLIC RELATIONS PROFESSIONALS
Below are the communications policies for TCT 2022, including how to handle embargoes, media events, and news releases, as well as suggested language for coverage of the event.
Only members of the media with a credentialed press badge will have access to the Press Room (on-site and online).
Public relations and industry representatives will not have access to the Press Room. They may, however, call upon the CRF Press staff to help them facilitate media requests.
Only preapproved media materials may be made available in the press room. Press releases must mention Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) and the Cardiovascular Research Foundation (CRF) in order to have them posted in the press room (see News Release Policy).
Exhibiting companies are permitted to hold media events during TCT 2022, provided that they relate directly to research presented at TCT and do not conflict with official TCT press activities or policies.
Companies planning media events during TCT 2022 are required to obtain written approval from CRF in advance of the meeting by contacting CRF’s Associate Director of External Relations, Judy Romero, at [email protected].
Exhibiting companies are asked to hold press events or analyst briefings during dates and times that do not conflict with official TCT 2022 press activities. A final schedule of media events will be available from the CRF Press Office a few weeks in advance of TCT 2022.
Media, investigators, organizations issuing press releases, and others with access to research accepted for presentation during TCT 2022 are required to abide by the embargo policies governing CRF meetings.
The Cardiovascular Research Foundation embargoes information presented as a late-breaking clinical trial or late-breaking clinical science. Coverage of these studies is strictly prohibited until the start time of each trial’s official presentation as listed in the TCT 2022 Program on the official TCT 2022 website. No journalist, exhibitor, or university (or affiliated organization or company) may disseminate information until the trial’s official presentation time. All embargo times are listed in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). There is no official embargo for research presented as an abstract or Featured Clinical Research. However, to maximize the impact of your presentation we recommend that no data be shared until the start of the TCT 2022 meeting (Saturday, September 17, 2022 at 7:00 AM EDT) and ideally not before your formal presentation.
For questions regarding the embargo policy, please email [email protected].
Industry may display news releases in the press area provided they adhere to the following policy:
- Only companies exhibiting or presenting research at TCT 2022 may display materials in the press area. All press materials must relate directly to the meeting. CRF reserves the right to prohibit and/or discard materials deemed scientifically misleading, ethically questionable, or irrelevant to the meeting.
- All news releases must abide by CRF’s embargo policy and will not be permitted to be displayed or released in the press area prior to the embargo date and time.
- Releases must reference the Cardiovascular Research Foundation’s annual Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) scientific symposium in the body of the release, preferably in the first paragraph. Suggested language is provided below.
- A copy of the press release, or draft press release, must be submitted in advance for review and approval. For advance approval on press releases, please email the press release to the contact below. News releases will be held in the strictest confidence.
- Releases must not be scientifically misleading or ethically questionable.
CRF Press Office Contact
Suggested Language (Included in First Paragraph)
… presented at the 34th Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT), the annual scientific symposium of the Cardiovascular Research Foundation.
The TCT scientific symposium routinely attracts more than 100 medical and business reporters from a wide range of disciplines, including national wire services, newspapers, U.S. and international trade publications (cardio/pharma/medical/device), and popular news and health-information websites.
The Cardiovascular Research Foundation does not provide a media or attendee registration list of any type.
These policies were last updated April 27, 2022 and are subject to change. Please check with the CRF Press Office for further updates.